David Sutherland Job Opening
Posted on April 4th, 2018
Position: Sales Support
Job Location: Houston Showroom – Houston, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Perennials and Sutherland, LLC is one of the most respected and iconic names in the exclusively to-the-trade, luxury home furnishings, textiles and accessories market. Our company has dedicated over three decades to working with the very best in the design world to create and market truly unique and exquisite products. Everything we do and the elite clientele we serve is dedicated to making life more beautiful. Environments for life, architectural, landscape and beyond are what we live and breathe each and every day. Ours is more than a life of producing and selling products. Our people share a passion for creativity, design and art that is central to our daily lives. It’s not just what we do but what we love.
We are looking for an energetic, polished, and customer focused individual to support the Outside Sales team in Houston.
- Responsible for sales support with customer contact, interface with outside vendors and coordination of internal customer satisfaction
- Perform administrative duties in support of the company’s sales and customer satisfaction goals
- Provide support to customers from start to finish, proposal, scheduling, and coordination with timelines of all entities through project completion
- Assist clients with quotes, follow up with manufacturers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in a luxury services environment
- Polished and professional demeanor
- High level of proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Friendly and energetic attitude
Whether it’s the executive who offers visionary leadership, or the sales professional who won’t settle for less than perfection, a business needs great people and a collaborative environment to thrive. We maintain, develop, and inspire talented professionals and craftsmen. Our investment in people, equipment, and facilities results in a positive engaging workplace and gives our company a competitive edge in the marketplace. We believe deeply that the “right” people are our greatest asset. We offer careers for smart, creative, high energy people driven to contribute in a team environment where everyone can win. We foster potential, celebrate success, and support every colleague.
Perennials and Sutherland, LLC employees enjoy a vibrant office culture, welcoming and inclusive executive team, and fantastic work-life balance.
The Shade Store Job Opening
Posted on February 26th, 2018
Position: Luxury Showroom Design Consultant
Position Reports to: VP of Showrooms
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
With over 70 years as a family owned business, we pride ourselves on delivering a world class customer experience and product. We have revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We are growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 55+ showrooms and growing across the country, a state of the art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly design inspiration book. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky is the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive salary
- Monthly monetary incentive programs based on performance
- Medical Benefits
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
THE POSITION: Luxury Showroom Design Consultant
- Help us carry on a third generation family run company, built on customer service
- Bring your 3 to 5 year professional experience to a brand that’s expanding nationally
- Combine your love of home décor and selling skills to an inclusive team environment
- Be proud to work for a company that manufactures it’s products right here in the USA
- Communicate differentiating qualities for custom products
- Enjoy the autonomy and accountability of being an entrepreneur
- Embrace change as well as facilitate it
- Go the extra mile every time to surprise and delight customers
- Flexible and can work a schedule that includes weekend hours
- Appreciate the investment you are making in this company and in return, our investment in you
- Offer design wisdom and inspiration while helping customers select the perfect window treatments for their home
- Speak comfortably on the functional and stylistic benefits of each of our custom products
- Run the day-to-day operations of their showroom
- Identify outreach opportunities, including marketing to local interior designers
- Host and attend local design events with support from The Shade Store HQ
- Cultivate and promote The Shade Store tradition of a positive family atmosphere
- Participate in ongoing product/technology training, as well as monthly business meetings
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Positive and friendly demeanor toward every customer and colleague
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Awareness and interest of the design industry
- Excellent computer skills
- Self-starter, quick learner, team player
- 3 to 5 years of experience in either retail, design, sales or customer service
If you are looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT US: We invite you to visit our website and apply at http://www.theshadestore.com/careers
Schumacher Job Opening
Posted on February 8th, 2018
Part-Time Showroom Sales Assistant – Houston
Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering and furnishings is seeking an enthusiastic part-time Showroom Sales Assistant for the Schumacher brand. This person will be responsible for supporting the sales team in selling high-end fabric, wall covering & furniture lines. As a part of the inside sales team, this part-time person will help to reinforce brand positioning within the marketplace and provide key service for accounts within the Houston, TX territory. Please submit all resumes and inquiries to our Talent Manager Kim Jernick at Kjernick@fsco.com.
- Maintain floor sampling as well sample room inventory by ordering samples and filing replenishments
- Handle client sample requests, both over the phone and in person
- Assist the sales team by gathering and shipping samples to clients
- Help maintain the showroom floor by hanging new product and removing discontinued product as needed
- Maintain showroom collateral (marketing materials, shopping bags, supplies, etc.)
- Provide support for general showroom requests and projects
- Assist clients over the phone and on the showroom floor by providing guidance and product information, as needed
- Deliver the best possible customer service while enhancing the Schumacher mission to offer the highest quality product and service standards in the luxury market
- Consistently seek to expand your working knowledge of interior design and current Schumacher collections
- 1-2 years of experience working in a retail or showroom environment
- The ability to multitask and be proactive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to do some lifting (20-50lbs max)
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the luxury interior design industry
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude
Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.