Posted on February 8th, 2018
Part-Time Showroom Sales Assistant – Houston
Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering and furnishings is seeking an enthusiastic part-time Showroom Sales Assistant for the Schumacher brand. This person will be responsible for supporting the sales team in selling high-end fabric, wall covering & furniture lines. As a part of the inside sales team, this part-time person will help to reinforce brand positioning within the marketplace and provide key service for accounts within the Houston, TX territory. Please submit all resumes and inquiries to ur Talent Manager Kim Jernick at Kjernick@fsco.com .
- Maintain floor sampling as well sample room inventory by ordering samples and filing replenishments
- Handle client sample requests, both over the phone and in person
- Assist the sales team by gathering and shipping samples to clients
- Help maintain the showroom floor by hanging new product and removing discontinued product as needed
- Maintain showroom collateral (marketing materials, shopping bags, supplies, etc.)
- Provide support for general showroom requests and projects
- Assist clients over the phone and on the showroom floor by providing guidance and product information, as needed
- Deliver the best possible customer service while enhancing the Schumacher mission to offer the highest quality product and service standards in the luxury market
- Consistently seek to expand your working knowledge of interior design and current Schumacher collections
- 1-2 years of experience working in a retail or showroom environment
- The ability to multitask and be proactive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to do some lifting (20-50lbs max)
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the luxury interior design industry
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude
Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.
Posted on August 16th, 2017
The George Cameron Nash Group
Inside Sales Representative
The George Cameron Nash Group of Companies offers career opportunities in all facets o fthe high-end Interior design industry from Sales, Customer Service, Furniture Design and Manufacturing
Position available: Inside Sales Representative
Location: Houston, TX
Employment: Full time – Monday thru Friday 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Experience: Industry experience required
- Maintain a full knowledge base of all products represented
- Generate sales ensuring sales goals are met or exceeded
- Maintain and update client database
- Build clientele and grow existing client sales
- Provide exceptional customer service building client relations for represented sales opportunities
- Keep showroom floor organized and displayed properly
- Industry experience required
- Must be results-driven and able to work independently with little supervision
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional work ehtnic with strong integrity and attendance record
- Computer skills – must be proficient in Microsoft Office
The George Cameron Nash Group of Companies offers an attractive compensation package based on experience (base , comission) and expectional employee benefits.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Showroom Help Needed
Duralee Fabrics is on the search for a self-motivated individual looking to work in a multi-faceted position. Responsibilities will include a little of each of the following:
- Merchandising wings
- Assisting designers with locating product on sales floor
- Book library maintenance.
- Expediting orders
- General Sales support
- General showroom maintenance
Every day is different. If you have computer experience with multiple platforms, that’s a plus.
Hourly position + benefits. Fun & productive environment.
A great way to learn the “other side” of the interior design industry.
Please see the showroom Manager, Mary Hilton in suite 132 or e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Posted on October 11th, 2016
SCULPTURE MONTH HOUSTON
Saturday, October 15 through Saturday, November 19
Grand Opening Reception Thursday, October 27 from noon to 3:00 PM
Decorative Center Houston is pleased to announce its participation in Sculpture Month Houston during October 15 – November 19. Sculpture Month Houston is a citywide event that celebrates sculpture throughout Houston. It will showcase sculptural work, creative energies and diverse expressions of local sculptors. It will join a succession of existing art celebrations such as FotoFest, PrintMatters Houston and Houston Art Fair, adding to Houston’s reputation as an art friendly city. We invite you to come and celebrate the diverse exploration of sculpture rarely seen at this capacity.
LEARN MORE: http://bit.ly/2cmOmtM
Posted on April 5th, 2016
WELCOME BACK ABRAHAMS ORIENTAL RUGS
ABRAHAMS ORIENTAL RUGS
Abrahams Rugs, one of the largest collections of fine carpets in the state and at the forefront of Houston’s design community has been a treasured designer resource for decades. The new showroom is located in Suite 151, just off the courtyard at the main entrance. We are showcasing two main collections: our newest and sought after Contemporary Collection as well as what made us famous: our Traditional and Antique Collection. We invite you to be our guest and enjoy our exceptional service and over 40 years of rug design experience.
ASHORE CHANDELIERS INC.
Ashore Chandeliers has been an iron manufacturing company for over 25 year, which specializes in old world charm, contemporary and modern style hand-forged iron lighting and furniture. We offer over 400 styles of products and also specialize in custom products and finishes. Stop by our new showroom to see the collection. We are located on the courtyard.
D’ITALIA STOSA CUCINE
Stosa believes every kitchen should be beautiful, comfortable and hi-tech, which is why they are featuring a new system in kitchen worktops called FENIX NTM®. Using applied nanotechnology, it’s self-healing with extraordinary properties. These state-of-the-art countertops self-heal any tiny scratches simply by means of exposure to heat. Just moisten the surface with a piece of damp kitchen paper, then pass over the scratch with a hot iron to repair the damage. Your worktop will look brand new again.
The surface of this material guarantees to withstand knocks, scratches and abrasions. It’s hygienic and easy to clean, suitable for contact with food, anti-mold, antistatic, waterproof, resistant to dry heat and rubbing, resistant to acid solvents and domestic reagents, with wonderfully intense and deep colors. The new Stosa worktops are available in a range of classic and trendy colors.
GORAVANCHI CO. PERSIAN RUGS
Goravanchi Co. features an amazing collection of rugs from around the globe, with every color, shape, size, and design imaginable. Every rug offered is a work of art.
A FIRST LOOK
Stop by the Schumacher showroom for a first look at the new fall introductions, including the Miles Redd collection. Schumacher’s new collections are wide-ranging, with an extraordinary range united by a respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
WE’RE RENOVATING OUR SHOWROOM
As winter transitions to spring, we have been busy renovating our showroom. We are excited about our new look and the opportunity to introduce the latest in unique contemporary furnishings. We encourage you and your clients to discover our spectacular collection of contemporary furnishings, accessories and art. Stop by the showroom today.
Culp Associates hosted an intimate gathering to celebrate its newly renovated showroom in November. Guests mingled and toured the additional space to showcase
its top-selling furniture and lighting lines, including David Iatesta Studio, Gregorius I Pineo, Ironies and Dennis & Leen and Formations. It also features an enhanced display
for lighting line Porta Romana, a new area for Samuel & Sons Passementerie and colossal handcrafted boards to display de Gournay wall coverings. Visit the new showroom today.
Beacon Hill is pleased to partner with local Interior Designer Laura Umansky of Laura U Interior Design to create a unique perspective on Beacon Hill’s new silk collection, Animale. Inspired by fashion’s blending of animal and human characteristics, this collection merges the animal (real and fantastic) zeitgeist with various decorative motifs. Documents and new artwork, in the form of innovative jacquards, prints and embroideries, feature a tableaux of animal and human nature. Visit the showroom to see how Laura Umansky envisioned this collection for her clients.